A partial proposal: CHANGELOG refsect1

What it will contain:
1) Parameter changes (new, modified, ...)
2) Function changes (new features, new behaviors, ...)
3) PHP Version info for each change

>From TODO:
  new roles: seealso, newparameter, and changedparameter.

That idea is similar and here's one of the threads on the topic:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=phpdoc&m=105612826212630

So rather than just sticking this information in a changelog
we'll want to have php version ids for each change so that
parsing them would be easier (like creating one huge changelog
list somewhere per php version, and adding ability to highlight
changes since a given PHP version via my.php and CSS).  Any
ideas on implementing this or should we just keep it simple
and write plain old para's?  I prefer implementing per version
but not sure how yet, do you? :)  Implementing my.php can be
done later but also be planned for.

Having this information in each parameters definition would get
a little messy so we probably should keep definitions and
changelog entries seperate.  Parameter definitions would
describe the current behavior.

A possible format:

<changelog>
 <changedparameter>
  <parameter>length</parameter>
  <version>4.2.0</version>
  <para>
   Became optional with a default value of 1024.
  </para>
 </changedparameter>
</changelog>

Maybe it's not generic enough, could we cover every condition?
<changedbehavior>, <newparameter>, etc.  Thoughts?

This would be great and it's a perfect time to implement because
when people update old docs to the new refsect1 style we would
also implement these changelog entries!  Woohoo!!!

Regards,
Philip