> A partial proposal: CHANGELOG refsect1
>
> What it will contain:
> 1) Parameter changes (new, modified, ...)
> 2) Function changes (new features, new behaviors, ...)
> 3) PHP Version info for each change
>
> From TODO:
>   new roles: seealso, newparameter, and changedparameter.

Of course this is a good idea, but I don't know how hard is the
implemetation.
With this we could have costumized manuals for each php version (with
livedocs).

My only concern is how to implement all this...  My docbook knowledge isn't
good, as well as XSLT, dsssl, etc... Do anyone have enough time to implement
this at 100%?
I don't have many ideas for you (yet). I'm gonna think on the subject later.

> This would be great and it's a perfect time to implement because
> when people update old docs to the new refsect1 style we would
> also implement these changelog entries!  Woohoo!!!

What is the new refsext1 style? The credits tag?...

Nuno