On Sunday 01 August 2004 20:45, Nuno Lopes wrote:
> Done! (I hope)
>
> http://testes.aborla.net/phpdoc/install.windows.html
> http://testes.aborla.net/phpdoc/faq.installation.html#faq.installation.addt
>opath
>
> diff: http://testes.aborla.net/win.install.diff
>

> Please review my patch and let me know if I can commit it.

Nice done;-)

I only had a brief look, but following comes to my mind:
Manual Installation Steps:
I would like to advice people to use php-(sapiname).ini or at least mention
this somewhere.
I like to suggest that setup of a valid php.ini file is moved to the server
specific instructions. Because one can run php just fine without any
ini-file, you need this mainly for enabling extensions, or setting specific
instructions.

Windows and PWS 4 or newer

Instructions for php 5 are missing, filenames imply its for php 4 only (e.g.:
pws-php4cgi.reg)

Same for Windows NT/2000/XP and IIS 4 or newer (e.g: php4isapi.dll)

At the latest reading the instructions for IIS/PWS it is not clear to me,
where the ini-file should go, therefore my above suggestion to provide this
sort of info perhaps in the server specific instructions ( at keast for the
sapi modules)

Don't take this offending, jst a few thoughts after a very quick look;-)

> And if yes, can I do the change to the new install section

IMHO commit your nice work to the new install section, once it is there it can
be easily reviewed and tweaked up, if needed.

> (including
> removing the old chapters/instal./.xml)?

There's no hurry to remove the old files;-)

Friedhelm
--
http://www.jungle-world.com/