On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 07:09, Daniel Convissor
<dani...@analysisandsolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
>> we'd no longer have phrases like:
>>
>>  - As of PHP 5
>
> There was a discussion about this a month or so ago.  (I can't find it
> now.)

It was about the OOP4 docs (which got moved to an appendix).

> Personally, I like the history being there.  It is interesting to see how
> things evolve.  Having this data there does no harm to anyone.

I don't like inline history.

If we can create a standardized changelog for all features, I think
that would solve everything.
Things like "As of PHP 4.3.0 PHP ships with a CLI[...]"
(php.net/commandline) could be moved to a changelog "4.3.0 - PHP CLI
was introduced" and that line could become "PHP ships with a CLI[..]".
Or we could even add version information (like with functions) at the top?

-Hannes