On Feb 18, 2011, at 5:48 AM, Richard Quadling wrote:

> On 18 February 2011 12:46, Richard Quadling <rquadl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'll take this one. I'm creating another format
>>> Package_PHP_EnhancedCHM. This extends Package_PHP_CHM to handle
>>> retrieval of the all.bz2 file and adding the notes to the bottom of
>>> the page in a fashion similar to the online documentation.
>>>
>>> Once I'm done, I'll commit to trunk for you all to see.
>>>
>>> Richard.
>>
>> See http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=308462
>>
>> The bzip2.exe binary isn't available from bzip.org. The makefile.msc
>> for this app needs a minor amendment to include the manifest file into
>> the binary, so the binary can be moved as a single file and not rely
>> on the external manifest file.
>>
>> Changing ...
>>
>> bzip2: lib
>>        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o bzip2 bzip2.c libbz2.lib setargv.obj
>>        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o bzip2recover bzip2recover.c

>> bzip2: lib
>>        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o bzip2 bzip2.c libbz2.lib setargv.obj
>>        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o bzip2recover bzip2recover.c
>>        mt -manifest bzip2.exe.manifest -outputresource:bzip2.exe;1
>>        mt -manifest bzip2recover.exe.manifest
>> -outputresource:bzip2recover.exe;1
>>
>> will fix that. I can supply the binary if needed (though I'm sure
>> anyone with interest in php-windows can compile it if necessary).
>>
>> I don't know where the windows phd build process resides, but it would
>> need to be altered so that --format=enhancedchm was included in the
>> build process.
>>
>> And then the documentation download page to allow for another CHM format.
>>
>> I've got 4 CHMs if anyone wants to see them without having to build
>> them (NormalStyleNoNotes, NormalStyleNotes, NewStyleNoNotes,
>> NewStyleNotes).
>>
>> The file sizes are
>>

>> 11,463,271 NewStyleNoNotes.chm
>> 27,283,503 NewStyleNotes.chm
>> 11,468,193 NormalStyleNoNotes.chm
>> 27,284,901 NormalStyleNotes.chm
>>
>> An extra 16MB for the notes.
>>
>> So. If anyone wants to take a look or needs more info, please let me know.
>>
>> Richard.
>
> http://imagebin.org/138591 shows all 4 combinations.

Hello Richard!

Nice work getting this done! Not sure if this would help but I'm wondering, how
about we convert the bzip2 file to something more Windows friendly (zip?) for
this, and then package that? Regardless, soon here let's set you up on the Doc
Windows box and then we'll add this to the automatic rsync process. And I'm
guessing we could add a script that does the bzip2->zip conversion on said box.

Regards,
Philip