On 21 February 2011 23:35, Hannes Magnusson <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 23:55, Richard Quadling <rquadl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 21 February 2011 21:26, Hannes Magnusson <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You'll need to fetch it from 'your nearest mirror', the windows chm
>>> box doesn't use rsync to retrieve data (and shouldn't).

>>> [..]
>>>
>>> Thats gonna break other apps.
>>>
>>> Why not just change the arguments past to --output?
>>> Would be very simple change in the build-chms.bat script
>>>

>>> -Hannes
>>>

>> OK, so no PhD mods for pathing.
>>
>> Would putting the usernotes into %TEMP%/usernotes be OK/suitable? If I
>> put the usernotes into the same directory as --output-dir, then after
>> every language, I'll have to download and unpack the notes again as
>> build-chms.php wipes out the last lot of work.
>>

> I'm getting confused in all the comments on
> http://svn.php.net/repository/phpdoc/doc-base/trunk/scripts/build-chms.php,
> but whats wrong with using PATH_DOC . '\\tmp\\' ?
> It only removed PATH_DOC/tmp/<lang> afaict.
>
> Other then that, I don't think anyone cares where that specific file
> is located during the build :]
> Heck, that build script even hardcodes craploads of paths on the
> buidbox, so a new define for it to ~foobar/Desktop would even be fine
> :D
>
> -Hannes

Fair enough. I have a general phobia over hardcoding things. But in
this case ...

I'll amend the EnhancedCHM format class to use %temp% (at least that
way the code is self contained).

But I'm out of office/home until Wednesday.

But should be able to get it done then. Hopefully in time for a Friday build.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend