On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 23:55, Richard Quadling <rquadl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 February 2011 21:26, Hannes Magnusson <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 15:02, Richard Quadling <rquadl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> http://www.php.net/backend/notes/ seems to be updated every 2 hours.
>>>
>>> If /backend/notes/xx is rsync'd then there is no need to deal with bz2 at
>>> all.
>>
>> You'll need to fetch it from 'your nearest mirror', the windows chm
>> box doesn't use rsync to retrieve data (and shouldn't).
>>

>>> To that end, I'd like to propose a small change to PhD and the role of
>>> --output-dir.
>>>
>>> Currently ...
>> [..]
>>> My proposal is that the output directory will automatically include
>>> the language as a subdirectory.
>>
>> Thats gonna break other apps.
>>
>> Why not just change the arguments past to --output?
>> Would be very simple change in the build-chms.bat script
>>

>> -Hannes
>>

> OK, so no PhD mods for pathing.
>
> Would putting the usernotes into %TEMP%/usernotes be OK/suitable? If I
> put the usernotes into the same directory as --output-dir, then after
> every language, I'll have to download and unpack the notes again as
> build-chms.php wipes out the last lot of work.

I'm getting confused in all the comments on
http://svn.php.net/repository/phpdoc/doc-base/trunk/scripts/build-chms.php,
but whats wrong with using PATH_DOC . '\\tmp\\' ?
It only removed PATH_DOC/tmp/<lang> afaict.

Other then that, I don't think anyone cares where that specific file
is located during the build :]
Heck, that build script even hardcodes craploads of paths on the
buidbox, so a new define for it to ~foobar/Desktop would even be fine
:D

-Hannes