Hi,

Speaking in terms of MVC your $fields array is a "model" of a form. It is
indeed a model that relatively closely describes, what you want to output in
html, but nevertheless it is a model.

So what you want to do is to iterate over this model and render it:

<form>
                <tal:block tal:define="name repeat/field/key"
metal:use-macro="${field/type}" />
</form>

<tal:block metal:define-macro="text">
        <label>${field/label}</label><input name="${name}" type="text"
value="${field/value}" />
</tal:block>

<tal:block metal:define-macro="selet">
                <tal:block tal:repeat="value field/valuelist">
                        <option tal:condition="php:field.value != value"
value="${value}">${value}</option>
                        <option tal:condition="php:field.value ==
value"value="${value}" selected="selected">${value}</option>
                </tal:block>
        </select>
</tal:block>

And so on... What you can see is, that the template get's more ugly the more
the model is insufficient. For example defing the the name as
"repeat/field/key" wouldn't be necessary, if the name of the field would also
be an index in the field's array.

What we did is to implement a very rich model of a representation of a form
that really describes "what" the form is, not, how it looks like. Our fields
can be nested having methods like "getSubQuestions" and also have methods like
"isChecked" to simplify the templates.
We even try to avoid saying that the type of a field is "select" and prefer to
call it a SingleChoiceQuestion. That enables you to not only render a form in
html but also into other presentation formats like a question within a cli
dialog..

So keep improving your model! By the way: You should always prefer strong
classes and objects instead nested array definitions ;)

Kind regards,
Per