Robert,

That sounds very interesting, I'll look forward to seeing it.

I've had a few private emails from people suggesting php pre-rendering with
structures, or using Zend Forms. I thought I should make it clear that the
reason that I'm not looking to go down that path is that that's where I've come
from. (The framework I've been using has 'foxels' analagous to pixels, which
are form elements that can be built using array specs, but which have renderers
for html, xml and json.) This makes it really easy to create lots of forms
where there aren't isn't the need for heavy single-form specific coding. The
benefit I see of doing it this way is that it makes it easier to create highly
complex one-off forms within the system using specific templates, but to have a
generalised forms to hand for most of the rest... without having to change the
backend logic.

Hope that's as clear as mud...