I just noticed that someone had searched for "picolisp json" on
Google, I've attached the JSON encoder/decoder to this mail.

However there is one problem, it isn't properly managing when there
are complex texts involved, then the double quote escaping might get
it wrong if there are already escaped double quotes in the text and so
on. That's what I suspect anyway, I was too lazy to properly debug
when I ran into problems, both because debugging decoding failures on
the JS side is extremely tedious and because the size of the text that
was failing was enormous.

Possibly outdated documentation here:
http://www.prodevtips.com/2008/09/11/pico-lisp-and-json/ (should be
better than nothing though).