Hi List,
I just discovered a nice article by Joe Bogner about FLINUX as an
alternative was to run PicoLisp under Windows (http://picolisp.com/wiki/?
flinuxpicolisp).

I tried it out, and succeded to a certain point but not further.

When installing necessary tools like wget, make etc. I often hit the
"could not change the root directory (No such file or directory)" error,
but it appeared after the last installation step, and after an C-c
installation appeared successful.

But when trying to compile the 64bit version, Java is missing, and when I
try to install it, I get the above error in the middle of the installation
process that thus cannot finish.

There is some info about this
(https://github.com/wishstudio/flinux/issues/63), but I could not really
find a solution. Did somebody on the list succeed with the Flinux install
of the 64bit version on Windows?

Any hints would be welcome.
Cheers
Thorsten