Hi Joe, Hi Everybody,

re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org> wrote:Hi List,
(http://picolisp.com/wiki/?
> flinuxpicolisp).
>

> Hi Thorsten, glad you found it.
>

> I tried it out, and succeded to a certain point but not further.
> When installing necessary tools like wget, make etc. I often hit the
> "could not change the root directory (No such file or directory)"
error,
> but it appeared after the last installation step, and after an C-c
> installation appeared successful.
>

> I had the same experience. I think it was a side effect of how bash
runs within it and didn't affect the pil32 execution as far as I
remember.

> But when trying to compile the 64bit version, Java is missing, and
when I
> try to install it, I get the above error in the middle of the
installation
> process that thus cannot finish.
>

> Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to compile or run the
64bit version. I was unable to compile a x64 version of flinux and it
seems like it is not implemented. For
example, https://github.com/wishstudio/flinux/tree/7874a4ff9ba2fec4ad1c6
7b857c563288d5aa93e/src/dbt, does not have an x64 version and the
assembly for x86_trampoline does not compile under visual c++ x64.

> This is the main motivation for working on the native x64 version of
PicoLisp using midipix as the linux syscall interop layer.  Thanks for
the mention Rick!

ok, so its not my fault that I can't install the 64bit version via
flinux. Then I wait for that very interesting project of yours.
Thanks for all the hints and links
Cheers Thorsten

> The x64 version is still in a draft status, most of the changes are
here: https://github.com/joebo/picoLisp-win-x86-
64/blob/master/src64/arch/win-x86-64.l, to support the different ABI
calling convention. It relies on midipix which is still in alpha and
hasn't yet been released which is why I haven't actively promoted it.
There's a few workarounds still in the code too, for example dlopen
isn't yet implemented in midipix so ht ext: code needs to be compiled
into the picolisp binary, https://github.com/joebo/picoLisp-win-x86-
64/blob/master/src64/Makefile#L129

> The current x64 windows binary release can be found under Releases in
the github repo linked above, https://github.com/joebo/picoLisp-win-x86-
64/releases