On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Thorsten wrote:
> Hi List,

Hi, Thorsten !

> I just discovered a nice article by Joe Bogner about FLINUX as an
> alternative was to run PicoLisp under Windows
> (http://picolisp.com/wiki/?  flinuxpicolisp).
>
> I tried it out, and succeded to a certain point but not further.
>
> When installing necessary tools like wget, make etc. I often hit the
> "could not change the root directory (No such file or directory)"
> error, but it appeared after the last installation step, and after
> an C-c installation appeared successful.
>
> But when trying to compile the 64bit version, Java is missing, and
> when I try to install it, I get the above error in the middle of the
> installation process that thus cannot finish.
>
> There is some info about this
> (https://github.com/wishstudio/flinux/issues/63), but I could not
> really find a solution. Did somebody on the list succeed with the
> Flinux install of the 64bit version on Windows?

I'm not aware.  It looks as if his article

http://picolisp.com/wiki/?flinuxpicolisp

was only meant for 32-bit pil builds.

On the other hand and on the topic of Windows 64-bit pil builds, Joe
is currently working on and very close to a solution based on midipix.

http://www.midipix.org/#sec-midipix

He has been working closely with the midipix author for many weeks now
(back and forth on IRC) to iron out particular problems with getting
pil ported there.

There is not much in the way of documentation yet, but Joe has
cataloged some pil patches related to the midipix build here:

https://github.com/joebo/picoLisp-win-x86-64

(and there might be more he has not pushed yet; not entirely sure.)

At any rate, when we see Joe (joebo) on #picolisp let's remind
ourselves to ask him to update us about it here on the ML.

> Any hints would be welcome.
> Cheers
> Thorsten

Best, --Rick