Hi Alex,
I won't be able to participate during the whole meeting, maybe just half an
hour, and I already was in the first meeting about the topic.

But I have questions about distributed databases.

Would it be possible to use Picolisp as "super fat client" by installing
the server app on the client side too and just let the databases
synchronize?

So you can actually allow the user to insert and execute code , because
it's done on his client, and not on the server, but the client & server
databases synchronize and the generated html is available on the server?

I think about a Notebook type application.  This is not possible with e.g.
Emacs Org-Mode, for obvious security reasons. Any Org-Mode server that does
website generation by exporting Org-Mode files to html has to deactivate
the execution of code blocks in that file.

Now imagine we want to add the syntax "code block" to the Picolisp wiki
syntax, so that the user can create dynamic documents, e.g. with a code
block that updates weather info every 30min. Obviously, Alex wouldn't want
to blindly execute user code on his server.

But what if the user could clone the whole server app on his client
computer, as a "super fat client", does the code execution on his client,
the DB synchronizes, and the server shows an updated html page every half
hour, without any code execution on the server? A static site generator,
but with dynamic sources, created by and executed at the risk of the user?

Not sure if that is a valid idea ;-)
Would probably only possible with Picolisp, due to the small size and easy
installation.

Cheers
Thorsten