On Tuesday 20 November 2001 15:52, you wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 02:19:50PM +1100, Hugo A D do Nascimento wrote:
> > Well, my question is: has anyone been able to synchronize a Palm m500
> > with Linux? If positive, can you post in this list a step-by-step
> > instruction about how to do it?
>
>  - Get the latest development version of coldsync.
>  - Read the man page for how to sync with a m50x device (hint, use the
>    "simple" protocol.)
>  - Set up your .coldsyncrc file based on the docs.
>  - Press the sync button on the Palm
>  - Start up coldsync.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> greg k-h

Hi Greg.

I downloaded the coldsync-2.2.4-20011112.tar.gz package
(http://www.ooblick.com/software/coldsync/#download), and
installed coldsync as explained in the README file that
comes with it.  Then I created a file ~/.coldsyncrc file based on
the sample.coldsync.rc. I removed the "listen" diretives and
included the following lines:

        listen serial {
                        device: "/dev/ttyUSB1";
                        protocol: simple;
        }

After this, I ran coldsync and it synchronized! A further
step was to insert the pda description of my Palm in
the ~/.coldsyncrc as it appeared on the screen;
something like:

  pda "My Palm m500" {
        snum: "632H7686P16";
        directory: "/home/myself/.palm";
        username: "MY NAME HERE";
        userid: 12346;
}

I still need to set up some conduits, but I believe I can
start to work now!

Thank you very much for you help.
Hugo.