On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 12:02:21PM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> It does.  I haven't looked at Coldsync yet.  Does it provide an API which
> conduits can use?  I looked at the code and it isn't obvious if the
> libraries it includes are designed for external conduit development.

AFAIU Coldsync conduits are just regular programs that read/write .pdb
files.  First a program is run to copy the relevant data from wherever
it keeps it into the PDB, then Coldsync performs the synchronisation
with Palm according to dirty bits set in the PDB records, and then
another program is run to extract data from PDB and store it where
needed.  There's more to it (you can write a conduit that talks directly
to the Palm, you can implement all that in a single program, etc.),
check out http://www.ooblick.com/software/coldsync/doc/conduits_toc.html

Marius Gedminas
--
If the ancients were right and to think is to exist, does Microsoft exist?