Thus spoke Greg KH
> The Visor USB devices are supported currently in pilot-link by using the
> visor kernel module and connecting to the proper port (see
> http://usbvisor.sf.net/ for more info.)
>
> The Palm OS 4.0 based devices need some changes to the pilot-link core
> to work properly.  This includes the recent Palm m devices and most Sony
> Clié USB devices.  If you want to use these devices right now on Linux,
> you need to use coldsync.
>
> Hope this helps,

It does.  I haven't looked at Coldsync yet.  Does it provide an API which
conduits can use?  I looked at the code and it isn't obvious if the
libraries it includes are designed for external conduit development.

It would be nice to add support for either pilot-link or Coldsync if I
could, but I'm not looking forward to digging through another library (like
I did with libpisock) to learn the API.  David said USB work for pilot-link
is on hold pending some other short-term work that library needs first, so
I'm not sure if I should jump into Coldsync or wait on pilot-link to get
USB support.

Personally, there's no hurry.  I don't use USB and I've only had one user
ask for it so far.   But it might increase the number of users if I can
support USB.

Thanks for the tips.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      http://www.graphics-muse.com