David A. Desrosiers wrote:

>       I asked some people about this at last year's Palmsource,
> specifically around borrowing code in POSE (which supports the "pseudo" VFS
> api to write to these devices) in pilot-link, and I was threatened with
> lawyers. They said that I am *NOT* allowed to "hijack" Palm's code in my
> open source projects... and I reinforced my claim by declaring, to the
> amazement of the person I spoke with (whose name escapes me, but he was
> doing one of the talks) that POSE was GPL'd, as was pilot-link, and I could
> use the code in pilot-link.

Is this sort of idiocy representative of Palm's attitude? It really
amazes me - I've owned 3 different Palm handhelds, and would not have
bought any of them without the Linux support provided by pilot-link. Are
they really so stupid that they can't see what you're doing adds value
to their platform??

Mike.