Thus spoke Sean Buckley
> I have made a draft of my new version of the PalmOS-HOWTO available at:
> http://www.redbug.uklinux.net/palm/index.html

The XNotesPlus info is a little out of date.  XNotesPlus is a full PIM now,
including an Address Manager and Todo Manager while integrating ical as the
calendaring system (a built in calendaring system is under design
currently).  It uses an extensive sticky note feature set that extends
ordinary memos and integrates notes between the Address Manager and Todo
Manager (and eventually a Calendar Manager).  Also, the "xnotes" category
is no longer required on the Pilot.  New notes just go into "Unfiled."
I've tried to be as informative of the feature set as I could on the Web
site, but I'm also working on more detailed documentation.

As a comparison, JPilot has a number of features I don't provide, some of
which I may in the future and others I probably won't.  It has a real sync
feature whereas I simply replace DBs for now (still trying to work out the
rules for syncing, which is not as simple as I wish it were).  It does a
larger set of data transfer options, I think, though I added a few more
from pilot-xfer in the upcoming 3.5 release.  JPilot's interface needs a
bit of a redesign - it's a little clunky.  Other than that, most people I
know really like it.

GNOME-Pilot is definitely a pretty interface and provides lots of standards
support (vcal, ical, etc).  I modeled some of my Palm interfaces from
theirs, but only slightly.  I wondered how important all that extra vcard
stuff would be to someone using a Palm - and decided to leave it out for
now.

I haven't used KPilot.  I haven't had much luck with KDE - it's a bear to
upgrade compared to the GNOME/GTK+ environment.  Besides, I don't know C++.

Thanks for maintaining the HOWTO.  I think a lot of users will appreciate
it as much as they do the pilot-link software itself!
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |       Where there's a will, I want to be in it.