Mike,

A few years back I picked up 75 ft spools of out dated areo film. I thought I
would use the cans for pinhole cameras. Now maybe you should look into these
spools. It would be easy enough to make a camera like the Beseler pinhole
camera but 9 inches tall. For you, you would need to make spools 5 inches tall.
Maybe dowels with plywood disks glued to the ends to keep the film together. A
slot cut into one end and a hole in all the others for centering and winding.
You just have to up size the winding mechanism to take the stress.. The problem
will be processing it. It would be best if you had a continuous B&W processor
or else you could see saw it through the developer. I have too many other
cameras to think about, I hope this helps with your own designs.

Chris
--
Pinhole Blender
ch...@pinholeblender.com