Catherine Just wrote:
> Last year I went to england with a pinhole camera. I must say I love
> the images, but the actual process wasn't so fun.
>
> I enjoyed using the pinhole camera, but didn't like hauling the
> camera, polaroid back, film holders and the portable changing tent
> everywhere we went. I brought 5-6 film holders with me and a few
> boxes for exposed film. At the end of it all it was worth it, but
> I'm planning another trip and would love to hear any advice on how
> to make this a lighter load to carry.
>
> I thought about getting a pinhole bodycap for a 35mm camera, but I
> really love using 4x5 film, and polaroid film too.

If you're shooting Polaroids with a 4x5 pinhole camera I assume you
have one of the Polaroid 545 holders.  With that holder you can use
Polaroid, Kodak Readyload or Fuji Quickload packets.

By using the Polaroid 545 holder you can avoid carrying cut sheet film
holders and a changing bag to reload holders.  The Polaroid, Kodak
Readyload and Fuji Quickload packets are more expensive than the
equivalent sheet film, but they are lighter and less bulky than the
equivalent number of cut sheet film holders, they can be reloaded in
the field, and they have no dust problems.  Unfortunately the film
selection is a bit limited.

When using the Polaroid Type 55P/N film in the field you probably want
to remove the packet without processing and process it later when you
get back to your room.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "But in the new approach, as you know,
reyno...@panix.com              |  the important thing is to understand