----------

From: Scott Sellers <scottsell...@mindspring.com>

Andrew  Amundsen <a...@tcinternet.net> wrote (snip):

My inquiry is regarding how an image would look from such a
long neg.?  The stated aperture size is f/360. Would the edges
suffer from extreme distortion? I'm surprised that the coverage
would even fill that length of 22cm!?

They share no images produced with said camera so I have
doubts, with my limited understanding of pinhole imagery, to
how good the detail would be at the extremes?

Anyone care to enlighten us with some expertise?

The main factor when considering coverage is focal length.  To
get an idea of how a particular FL will cover various formats,
you could make say an 8x10 a camera of the same focal length,
shoot some images, then mask off the negative size you are
considering, be it 6x6, 6x9, 6x22, 4x5, 5x7, etc.

cheers,
Scott