a little fact that may help:

when motion pictures/films were first being made, they were projected at
one frame every 30th of a second. this was the slowest the pictures could
move without the human eye detecting that it wasn't one, but many frames.
so my conclusion is that the slowest 'shutter speed' of the human eye is
1/30 sec. i'm sure that we have faster 'speeds' built in there somewhere.

cheers,

Steve