--- Gordon Holtslander <hol...@duke.usask.ca> wrote:
[clip]
> I've been meaning to try a comprimise.  Open ended tubes.  One can put a
> reduction fitting on a
> one end of abs tubing and a cap on the other.  This would create an opening
> in one  end of the
> tube but would still allow and inch of solution to stay in the bottom of the
> tube when it was lying flat.

Another possibility that I have considered for those times when I come home
from vacation with a zillion sheets that I want to process identically, is to
make tubes from PVC and leave both ends open (I believe I remember David Levy
making this suggestion).  Of course, everything would need to be done in the
dark, but it would allow one to process a large number of sheets quickly.  I've
been doing a good bit of 8X10 pinhole recently and am thinking of doing this,
as opposed to using trays for this larger film (I've used the BTZS tubes for
quite a few years).

Cheers -

george

=====