I would like to open up a debate.

I feel it is time we discussed critically what we are doing. Not a
critiscism of individual works or persons but a debate on our aims, purposes
and motivation.    We hardly ever talk about why and what we are doing,
almost always how.

What is more important, style or content?

Are you driven by developing the subject and idea or by the means of
achieving this through technical innovations?

Some of us are very interested in technique and some in content, obviously
the two should work together one informing the other, but what do you think?

Alexis