> Maybe you're asking something else, like what is the "normal" lens for
> 6x9 film.  I think it would be the same length as a diagonal from one
> corner of your film to the other.  So, to calculate that you would take
> the square root of   (6x6 + 9x9) which is approximately 11cm or 110mm.
> I think thats right.

Correct (for 120 film about 115 mm for 6x9, 80 mm for 6x6 and 75 mm for
4.5x6 is the standard.

Be aware: If you take closeups with a pinhole at such long focal length the
unsharpness due to the pinhole size will be much larger than assumed in the
standard formulae used to calculate optimum pinhole size. You should choose a
bit a smaller pinhole (but closeups with pinhole tend to be a bit frustrating
if you are going for sharpness ...)

keep on

martin

http://www.gmx.net