"G.Penate" wrote:

> If you are not extremely "handy", the best is to buy the actual backs of
> cameras.  In the past and at photo fairs I have purchased an 8x10 metal back
> w/o GG for $5 and very recently a 5x7 metal back with GG for $10

Hmmmmm.....   This must have been some years ago.  Or you have been particularly
lucky, Guillermo.  It seems that on eBay, these things sell for something more
like US$100.
I do have an 8x10 back that looks vey much like the one you show.  It is
installed on a homemade pinhole box in wood.  Looks really nice.  I like the way
you use a washer as a focussing tool before putting on the real pinhole or
zoneplate.  I will most likely do something similar to my camera.  8x10 film is
not cheap and it's really nice to be able to frame your image before shooting.

What I find difficult is to fit a nut securely on the camera to connect to the
screw on a tripod.  Have you found a good way to handle that?

Cheers,

Guy

P.S.  I noticed that someone has a Robert Boudreau print for sale on eBay (11x14
print, contact print from negative,  from glass).  He is a great photographer
from Ottawa who is represented by Jane Crokin in Toronto.  Have you seen any of
his work?  Really nice work.  Reserve price for the print is US$1300.   Hmmm...
I wonder if it will sell?