I'm not sure why you would have an increase in grain when using your
pinhole except perhaps it was due to a thin negative. This was the one that
was exposed for a fraction of a second? I would try to get a better fix on
your pin hole size. I use a comparator as described in Eric Renner's book,
page 113 and 114 with the use of an enlarger to enlarge a metric scale.
Then figure for reciprocity failure. I always try to make an accurate guess
first with meter and calculations, then after gaining experience I can
usually guess without these aids.

Katharine Thayer wrote:

(snip)

My inspection by loupe showed it was somewhat smaller than my smallest,
which was a #10. For

--
Chris Peregoy | http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~peregoy | http://imda.umbc.edu/