-----Original Message-----
From: G.Penate [mailto:pen...@home.com]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 9:12 AM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] posting of images to the list?

> If this image goes through ok, I ask everyone to NOT start posting images.
> Instead, let's discuss the pros and cons of doing this through the list.
> For example, we can limit the size of postings to prevent anyone from sending
> any really large files.  Or we could come up with some guidelines to be
> followed.

First of all, that was nice image, is it pinhole or glass lens one?

Thanks. It is a pinhole (of course) taken with the Zero 2000.

I have no problem whatsoever with images embedded in messages, my connection to
internet if fast enough to handle that.  I think it is members who have slow
connections that we really need to hear from.  I'd imaging that until slow
links are not a concern, uploading an image to  http://www.p at
???????/discussion/upload/ <http://www.p at ???????/discussion/upload/>   and
adding a hyperlink to that image should be OK, too.

The main differences I see is that the upload gallery allows larger files, the
mail might be more useful for technical issues - small images that illustrate a
point or to get feedback on an exposure/processing problem.  But I agree with
you that a link works just as well.  And using links mean that everyone doesn't
have to download and view something they're not interested in.

When adding a hyperlink it is necessary to add "http://"; before the " www.p at
???????/....... <http://www.p at ???????/> ." otherwise it may not be seen as
hyperlink by some email application.  Also, it'd be nice to get a full URL
pointing to the actual image(s), for instance, this is hyperlink URL address
for one of Tina's latest zone plate images:  http://www.p at
???????/discussion/upload/images/tina_2.jpg <http://www.p at
???????/discussion/upload/images/tina_2.jpg>

Anyway, I am OK either way.

Guillermo