The fact of the matter is that this is just unrealistic.  It is simpler (and
takes up less space) to just compile from source on install (in my humble
opinion).  Also, compiling has the added advantage of giving positive
recognition to the user of when it just won't work!!!  I understand what you
are saying, and for most programs you are exactly dead on--but for this it
just isn't a good idea.

Drew Northup, N1XIM