--- Jeroen Dekkers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 11:32:29AM +0100, Ben A L
> Jemmett wrote:
> > > Why on earth would anyone say they "wouldn't
> like" the students to
> > > work on it?
> >
> > Have you seen some of the crap students can turn
> out?
>
> Just don't give them direct access to CVS, only when
> they have proven
> to write good code and have skills in other things
> (like social skills
> etc). If it's crap you just say "This might be nice
> for education
> purposes, you probably have learned a lot from it,
> but for real work
> it's not good enough. <Your comments and
> suggestestions how to do it
> better next time>"
>
> Jeroen Dekkers
¡At least, a controversial theme in the list!
It's a very interesting suggestion to make students
colaborate in GNU projects. But it's interesting too
define what is "good enough for real work": I think
Stallman's definition says it: "Codify and release
fast, find bugs and correct it".
What do you think about it?
Maybe the universities and students will be the only
real future of Open Source.

Greetings

José Enrique