On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:29:03PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> My opinion is that it's preferable to convince academic
> institutions to relicense student's work under the
> [L]GPL, at least when they explicitally ask for.

Yes! That would be nice. Of course you always have to ask the author
if he wants to release the code to the public because it is his
reputation which can get damaged if the code is bad.

> I heard that some universities retain copyrights on
> work made by students. This should be irrelevant as
> long as they relicense it as free software.

I think it would even be better because the universities have the
resources and to sue somebody for copyright infringement. Poor
students don't have that.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]