On 2010-12-30 09:04+0100 Arjen Markus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have finished the work on the source files that use PL_MAXPOLY
> sized arrays. All now use either the statically defined arrays or
> allocated arrays if needed.
>
> I wonder about one file though: xfig.c. One function in this driver
> checked the number of points, but it gets passed an array with all
> the data in there already. Is it that the xfig format does not
> allow polygons of more than 256 points? (I never use that format
> and I am unfamiliar with its capabilities and limitations).
> In any case I have removed the check.
>
> I will run the code through the comprehensive test script before
> committing, but my system does not do anything with xwin.c, tkwin.c
> or plr.c, so there may be syntax errors in there.

Hi Arjen:

Sorry it took me so long to test this.  -dev xwin works fine with
example 27.  However, this morning I discovered that -dev tk hangs
with that example. I fixed that issue (revision 11582) by dealing with
an obvious PL_MAXPOLY fill issue in bindings/tk/plr.c.

Note, there is one more place in that file (look for "Temporary")
where there is an obvious remaining PL_MAXPOLY issue.  The difficulty
there is figuring out the future value of npts from the complicated
logic for the LINETO and LINE (which drops through to LINETO) cases so
that the required correct size of memory can be allocated. That issue
doesn't seem to affect -dev tk for example 27, but nevertheless if
somebody could figure out the required memory size (or change the
logic so that it is obvious we will always require less than
PL_MAXPOLY points for LINETO) that would allow us to finally bring the
PL_MAXPOLY issues to rest for bindings/tk/plr.c.

Note, there is a similar obvious PL_MAXPOLY LINETO/LINE issue in
utils/plrender.c if anybody is still interested in the meta device.