Hi Alan,

hm, something to look into, now that I am back from my short
holiday.

Regards,

Arjen

On 2011-02-27 21:43, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2010-12-30 09:04+0100 Arjen Markus wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have finished the work on the source files that use PL_MAXPOLY
>> sized arrays. All now use either the statically defined arrays or
>> allocated arrays if needed.
>>
>> I wonder about one file though: xfig.c. One function in this driver
>> checked the number of points, but it gets passed an array with all
>> the data in there already. Is it that the xfig format does not
>> allow polygons of more than 256 points? (I never use that format
>> and I am unfamiliar with its capabilities and limitations).
>> In any case I have removed the check.
>>
>> I will run the code through the comprehensive test script before
>> committing, but my system does not do anything with xwin.c, tkwin.c
>> or plr.c, so there may be syntax errors in there.
>
> Hi Arjen:
>
> Sorry it took me so long to test this.  -dev xwin works fine with
> example 27.  However, this morning I discovered that -dev tk hangs
> with that example. I fixed that issue (revision 11582) by dealing with
> an obvious PL_MAXPOLY fill issue in bindings/tk/plr.c.
>
> Note, there is one more place in that file (look for "Temporary")
> where there is an obvious remaining PL_MAXPOLY issue.  The difficulty
> there is figuring out the future value of npts from the complicated
> logic for the LINETO and LINE (which drops through to LINETO) cases so
> that the required correct size of memory can be allocated. That issue
> doesn't seem to affect -dev tk for example 27, but nevertheless if
> somebody could figure out the required memory size (or change the
> logic so that it is obvious we will always require less than
> PL_MAXPOLY points for LINETO) that would allow us to finally bring the
> PL_MAXPOLY issues to rest for bindings/tk/plr.c.
>
> Note, there is a similar obvious PL_MAXPOLY LINETO/LINE issue in
> utils/plrender.c if anybody is still interested in the meta device.
>
> Alan
> __________________________
> Alan W. Irwin
>
> Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and Astronomy,
>
> Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state implementation
> for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting software
> package (plplot.org); the libLASi project (unifont.org/lasi); the Loads of
> Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
> (lbproject.sf.net).
> __________________________
>
> Linux-powered Science

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.