Hi Hǎiliàng:

Thanks very much for implementing an initial proof of concept of my
idea.

On 2014-01-22 15:40+0800 Hailiang Wang wrote:

> It takes not much effort to build a comparison program because the
> parser for api.xml is ready-made.
>
> I put the tool under my github reop here
>
> https://github.com/hailiang/go-plplot/tree/master/c/check

Would you be willing to add a README file there for Go newbies like
me?  Eventually, (once you forsee no further changes to the checker) I
would like to incorporate your checker into the PLplot build system so
that we could do the check ourselves.  I presume from my initial Go
reading yesterday, we would only have to copy main.go from the above
URL, and Go would find all the Go dependencies of that automatically
from your github site, but if that is correct, a short README stating
that would be useful.  That file should also list other dependencies
of the checker that we would have to install because they are not
handled by the Go compiler.  I am thinking of the Go compiler itself
and gccxml, but there may be more.

> P.S.
> Here is the result of the comparison, the type information in api.xml
> is not easy to parse by a program, so only name of the parameters are
> compared.

[...]
> c_plgriddata is not documented.
[...]
> plggriddata does not exist but remains in doc.
[...]

This documentation misspelling issue fixed in revision 12949.  I will
try to get to the other issues you found later today so that your
check tool (at least in its current limited form) will give a clean
report.