On 2015-02-14 20:54-0000 Phil Rosenberg wrote:

> I found an hour to go through all the examples this afternoon and
> found a number of items that need fixing. The most important of which
> was that fills weren't working.
> My list of things to fix follows, along with my guess as to whether it
> is a wxWidgets driver issue or a buffer issue - this is just a guess
> though in all cases.
>
> 1) Fills not working, wxWidgets - now fixed
> 2) x01 and x02.02, text sixe isn't a great match, wxWidgets
> 3) x03 page note rotated, not sure
> 4) All hatchings seem to have an extra horizontal line, not sure
> 5) x14.03/04 The slave stream pages are not displayed, not sure
> 6) background colours aren't correct when they change between pages
> (e.g. x16), not sure
> 7) x17 strip chart doesn't work, but I don't think it did before anyway
> 8) x19.02/03 not displayed, not sure
> 9) x20 seems to hang, perhaps just because it takes a long time to
> render, wxWidgets
> 10) Inline font changes don't work (see x23 final few pages), buffer
> 11) x25 has some gradient differences, but I'm not sure which is correct
> 12) x26.02 has a very wide legend compared, not sure
> 13) Sub and super scripts don't match x28.02/03, but the positions in
> that example don't look like they follow the expected pattern,
> wxWidgets
> 14) Very unpleasant antialiasing effects in x30.02, wxWidgets
> 15) All the ****s are underlined in my example, not sure
>
> These were all from comparisons with the images currently on the web
> page so things might have changed since then.
>
> Anyway I will work my way through all the items I think are wxWidgets
> related. Jim do you want to look at the buffer items? Any unknowns I
> guess feel free to try and track down.

I just went through the same process here and discovered some of the
same issues but also some different ones.

But the bottom line is I think your integrated patch series is already
good enough that it should immediately be pushed to master so that all
further bug fixing for it and plbuf can be done in the more usual git manner.

And I also think this debugging effort will be considerably simplified
once Jim implements full plmeta and plserver capability using the new
plbuf approach for those.  Because plmeta and plserver capability
allows us (because of Andrew's recent commit) to test plmeta and
therefore the new plbuf for every example without changing any of
them.