On 2015-02-15 16:43-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> Probably you will be able to follow these [uncrustify build] directions on
> Cygwin, but it
> will only work if you have the appropriate Cygwin autotools
> (autoconf, automake, and libtool) packages installed. Also, I assume
> you will want to use some other location for the installation
> --prefix, but as a general rule with autotools builds, you should be
> careful not to have spaces in that prefix name.
>
> @Phil: Please let me (and Arjen and Jim) know whether this cookbook
> works for you and the exact names of the autotools packages that need
> to be installed on Cygwin.  In the meanwhile, I am going to be working
> on a CMake-based build system for uncrustify since that utility is
> obviously a necessary tool for all of our developers, and I don't want
> anyone to have to deal with the extra build issues that always seem to
> crop up on Windows platforms for autotools-based build systems.

To Phil, Jim, and Arjen:

I have just finished creating that CMake-based build system for
uncrustify and pushed it (see b8627eb).  That result builds, installs,
and works correctly on Linux for me.  Would you please give that
epa_build of uncrustify a try on first Linux then Cygwin following the
directions in the commit message?  This new uncrustify build has no
dependencies (other than CMake), and Cygwin prides itself on Unix
compatability so if you can follow my directions to get the epa_build
of uncrustify to work on Linux, then it is likely it will also work
for you on Cygwin (once you have set up the appropriate environment
variables as documented in cmake/epa_build/README).