> @Phil: Those conflicts from the rebase are expected from such an
> intrusive change.  That was what I was trying to avoid by choosing my
> timing such that you could abandon your old topic branch and start
> with a fresh branch from master before doing any further changes
> beyond what is committed to master so far.  Sorry if I didn't make that
> clear.

I should have realised. I didn't even have any uncommitted changes
when you made the commit so It would/should have been easy for me to
rebase at that point. I just didn't think.

> @everybody: It indeed would be best if all of would style your work
> before you commit it, and Cygwin certainly gives you that opportunity.

Yes Sounds sensible - I will try from now on

> @Phil: Please let me (and Arjen and Jim) know whether this cookbook
> works for you and the exact names of the autotools packages that need
> to be installed on Cygwin.  In the meanwhile, I am going to be working
> on a CMake-based build system for uncrustify since that utility is
> obviously a necessary tool for all of our developers, and I don't want
> anyone to have to deal with the extra build issues that always seem to
> crop up on Windows platforms for autotools-based build systems.

The recipe worked fine to build uncrustify, although I kept the
default install directory of /usr/local and I didn't bother
redirecting output to file.
I was able to run scripts/style_source.sh to view the files which had
style issues and scripts/style_source.sh --apply to make the changes.
I didn't need to install any further packages, but then again my
install of Cygwin is far from fresh nowadays, so there is a chance any
additional requirements had already been installed.

Thanks Alan

Phil