On 2015-03-11 20:59-0000 Phil Rosenberg wrote:

> Hi Alan
>
> A quick bit of stepping through my code has confirmed my suspicion
> from below. In plfill_soft plP_draphy is called for each line of the
> pattern and these lines are saved in the buffer, so basically writing
> to buffer needs switching off in this function. the change is about 3
> lines of code, but I will save it for post release if you prefer.

Yes, please.  The rule of thumb I am using is that if the bug fix can
be implemented by changing just a few lines of unstyled code and the
impact is extremely limited (e.g., just confined to wxwidgets), then
that certainly qualifies for pushing to master.  But, of course, the
quicker the better for all these simple bug fixes so there is
sufficient time (typically a week) prior to release for everybody on
the PLplot devel list to comprehensively test your change.  Which
reminds me I have to implement a number of simple fixes also.  :-)