Phil said:

> I didn't mean interactivity wouldn't happen, just that an attached
model of how this will be done won't happen. wxWidgets just isn't
really built to be run from within a library. Although apparently it
can be done, but it is an edge case. I made some attempt at it about a
year ago, but I gave up because it was just too much of a nightmare -
the biggest of the many problems that I hit being that it requires two
threads and plplot isn't thread safe.

Point taken.

> The new code basically uses a client server model. The plplot
application sends commands (via the memory map) to the viewer to
render things. There is also some limited communication back (e.g.
locate mode), but I have deliberately kept this to a minimum for
simplicity. There is no reason (other than the time taken to code it)
why there cannot be extensive two way comms.

I am very glad to hear there is this future possibility of providing
the important full interactivity capability for -dev wxwidgets. So in
my report you should mentally substitute "needs full interactivity
capability to be developed" wherever before I remarked about requiring
an attached capability.