On 2016-12-14 15:30-0500 Pedro Vicente wrote:

> Hi Alan
>

>>> Can you confirm that is the case for
>>> unmodified PLplot from the tip of the git master branch?
>
> Yes, it is the unmodified PLplot from the tip of the git master branch cloned
> today.
> I only added this line
> assert(pls)
> in wxPLplotDemo.cpp, which you can see in the output

Hi Pedro:

Thanks very much for that bug report.  This is where you should report
such issues unless or until it turns out we cannot solve them in a
timely manner (in which case you should use the bugtracker to remind
us of the issue in the future).

Your cmake.out looks fine to me (although you should double-check all
of that wxwidgets-related and GTK+-related output for library
consistency).

And obviously from your test_wxPLplotDemo.out file, building
wxPLplotDemo failed right where you inserted the above assert
statement (from the output somewhere in void
Plot(wxPLplotwindow<WXWINDOW>*) presumably after the

wxPLplotstream* pls = plotwindow->GetStream();

statement).

And clearly pls has to be nonnegative if the above assigment succeeded.

However, a potential issue is it appears you are using a wxwidgets
version that you built yourself.

What happens if you try a Ubuntu platform with a system version
of wxwidgets version = 3.0.x?  Same question for a Ubuntu
platform with wxwidgets version = 3.1.x?

Building wxwidgets is tricky (e.g., I have had some rather peculiar
results for wxwidgets versions I built myself) so I doubt I am going
to delay the release for this issue unless you can give me a bug
report (same cmake.out and test_wxPLplotDemo.out files requested) for
a system version of wxwidgets.