Hi Alan,

back from the US (ADASS), I found an hour to look further into the CI
tests problem:

"Alan W. Irwin" <alan.w.irwin1...@gmail.com> writes:
> On 2018-11-13 18:23+0100 Ole Streicher wrote:
> Upstream PLplot installs all examples configured in the core build in
> one place which contains a self-contained CMake-based build and test
> system for those examples.  Therefore, I have to agree splitting up
> those installed examples in various locations is not a good idea
> since that means you have to implement a build system for each
> component of the examples!
>
> Therefore, I suggest instead you create a plplot-examples
> package that contains only text files, which are *all* the example files
> that upstream currently installs in
> $PREFIX/share/plplot$VERSION/examples, but it sounds like instead
> for debian if you do this suggested reorganization
> you should install them in /usr/share/doc/plplot-examples/examples.

OK, so I now moved all examples to the "examples" subdir of the
plplot-doc package, and now I am closer to a working test ;-)

Next problem is that the Debian installation script renames the shared
libraries that are installed for the Python package:
On Python 2.7,
 - _Pltk_init.so becomes _Pltk_init.x86_64-linux-gnu.so resp.
 - _plplotc.so becomes _plplotc.x86_64-linux-gnu.so
On Python 3.6
 - /usr/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/_Pltk_init.so becomes
   /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/_Pltk_init.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so
 - _plplotc.so similar
And Python 3.7 similar.

Is there a way to switch off the consistency check for Python?

BTW, I would still keep the dependencies of the -doc package as they
are, and only for the tests install everything.

Cheers

Ole