"Chris" == Chris Hawks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Whats about an option to ignore small images at all (independent from
>> the image on/off settings). Maybe say an image with an Height or width
>> of <=2. Or an image with fewer than 10 pixels?
>>
>> BTW: we need the [img] text for images that are links.

Chris> I like that idea, I see lots of 1x1 'pictures' go by on a pluck.

Well, its easy to implement, i can be done in the ImageParser (If rule
match return none).

But we need to handle this also in other Part of the code. Currently
(with the new addon) we have this rules for "no Image"

Images not included because:
 1. Image cause an 404
 2. Image are invalid (wrong format for example)
 3. Image was not included because the exclusion list
 4. Image are to big to Include
 5. NEW: Image are too small

 The Image Parser return none in the Cases 2,4 and 5 Then the code
 include an [<alt text>] or an [img]. In case 1 and 3 the Image Parser
 are never called so it need handled somewhere else.

 I suggest for case 1,2,4 we want an notification that there are
 normally an image ([<alt text>] or an [img]) in _any_ case (its an
 Link or not).

 For case 3 and 5 we can display nothing if the Image are _not_ an
 Link. If that Image an Link we need something to Click on i suggest
 ([<alt text>] or an [img]), or not?

 Other Opinions? Have i forget an Case?

 BTW: What's about the idea to include some images in the plucker prc
 and add a new function code to display them? For example we can
 include an bullet picture and use this for rendering the ordered list
 items (no more problems with other Charsets) or an Broken Picture
 image to indicate an missing image in case 1,2 or 4 if there are no
 ALT text. Or Maybe an Picture thats displayed if an Picture could not
 be shown because the bpp (device or setting) are to low for this
 (Maybe tapping this cause an Help Dialog (Tips Page) to open telling
 the user this :-).

Just some ideas,
 Dirk
--
Permanent URLs to the latest Version (1.1.13) of the Plucker Windows installer
 - For the Webpage: http://www.dirk-heiser.de/plucker