On 17 Nov 2002 at 21:21, Michael Nordström wrote:

> - how should the accesskey be entered on the Palm without interfering
>   with the gesture actions?

> Any suggestions on how to enter the accesskeys?

This is reasonable: there would be some keys that would be off-limits if just
scribbled the
letter in directly. For example, can't use "I" since that is the down gesture.

One possible solution would be to have a prefixing stroke to go into accesskey mode.
Currently,
for menu keystrokes, if there is a up-right stroke, followed by an "I" then that does a
"Details..." successfully (english viewer uses "I" for details menuitem), instead of
being a
downward gesture. For accesskey, it would work similar: choose a different stroke for
starting
accesskey mode, then the next stroke is the accesskey. The implementation could
include having
a reverse-text "Accesskey:" prompt in the screen corner, similar to what the
"Command:" does
now for menucommand mode.

Best wishes,
Robert