> A useful addition to the Viewer would be a function code (in a text record)
> that instructs the Viewer to go back or  forward in the document's history,
> or to the document's home page.
>
> This way a parser can support AvantGo pods:// URLs. For instance the link <a
> href="pods://avantgo/back"> instructs Avantgo to go one page back in its
> history. It would be nice if the Viewer supported this as well. There are
> some AvantGo sites that use these links. (The Onion for example.)

I agree that it would have some use, as far as a smaller queue for the breadfirst
parser to
have (since many pages will have a link to home, and perhaps a back in some places).

However, I would much prefer to see it as a <a href="javascript:history.back()"> That
is the
W3C standard way for a back hyperlink. The pods:// protocol is not any standard, it is
something proprietary and closed. It may be better for Plucker to encourage the
standards
instead of the proprietary things, especially from companies that may fold up shop
soon.

I don't know if there is a javascript for home though. It isn't really a home in most
browser
senses though, since the home can be different in Plucker, since there can be a list
of links
to many channels as the home, and the "home" link at the bottom of one individual
website  is
usually meant as a link back to the main page of that website's channel, not back to
the
homepage of the list of links.

Best wishes,
Robert