> The viewer will continue to use 2.13... I haven't seen any convincing
> arguments to why 2.53 should be the required version to build the viewer.

        Well, there's the minor issue that 2.1x and 2.5x are _intentionally_
made incompatible (even 2.52 is purposely incompatible with 2.53) to force
people to upgrade. I'm not suggesting we move en-masse over to 2.53, but if
we move anywhere off of 2.13, the next jump is 2.53, not 2.52 or earlier.

        There's quite a bit of nasty bugs that have been fixed in 2.53 that
would cause detection of things to fail in 2.13. I've run into them with my
code here, but they probably don't affect Plucker at this stage, but they
might as we keep adding more and more dependancies to the configure checks.

        Stick with what works.. Do we really have users building Plucker in
Cygwin? Or do they just convert it over to CodeWarrior and build there?

d.