At 10:49 AM 2/25/2003 -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> It's quite normal to have several inclusions with the same filename but
> different locations in a project, and that's often outside of your control
> completely.

        My issue with this, if I understand the problem correctly, is that
it confuses '#include "font.h"' with '#include <Font.h>', or that the
including the former (font.h) seems to drag in the latter (Font.h), and
that's just plain wrong. There's a reason for the angle-brackets and for the
double-quotes.

Yes, agreed completely, they have different purposes. We're not hewing completely to those here, and generally it's no more necessary than indenting your code properly or providing proper comments, but it's useful even when not necessary.

It's not because of case-sensitivity per-se, but rather because possible name-collisions are somewhat expected and this distinction was provided to better prevent/resolve them. Today perhaps it's case, but tomorrow it might be a file that doesn't exist in the system headers on Linux but does on Windows or the Mac.

(Of course we'll deal with it when it happens. That's just a trigger for me. So many people fail to even understand the difference between " and <.)