On Jul 25, 2010, at 3:03 AM, der.hans wrote:

I'm needing to convert a very busy production myisam table that is
somewhat humongous to innodb and the conversion takes longer than the
maintenance windows.

If you have a slave which is capable of becoming a production server, you can convert the slave to innodb. Let the conversion process take as long as it needs. Master is stil myisam, and slave is now innodb. Then during maintainence window, you take down the master and bind its IPs to the slave. Now you master is innodb. Needs testing, of course, but I believe this would work just fine. If you then set up the old master as a slave to the new master, you'll be able to switch back to using myisam on your master (as a saftey net).

alex