On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 19:55 -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Alternative (2), of course, is to locate the programmer who
> thought it was a good idea to automatically create a directory
> on a mount point without checking.  Then gently flog them -
> unless, of course, they enjoy floggings.  If rdiff-backup calls
> chattr -i to remove immutable bits before creating directories,
> you have my permission to strap them to a chair and play Slim
> Whitman's "Indian Love Call" until their head explodes.

But I already checked that.  With nothing mounted under /media:

mcu...@drifter:~$ rdiff-backup /home/mcubed /media/disk/test
Fatal Error: Unable to create directory /media/disk/test

rdiff-backup doesn't automatically create a directory on a mount point
when that mount point isn't writable, or doesn't exist.

--
Michael M.