On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Neal wrote:

> The point of my question was to verify that a default gateway was set
> properly on the WLAN. That is, the default WLAN gateway was set to a valid
> address on the WLAN subnet. If it's not you won't be able to access any IP
> (including DNS) that's not on the WLAN subnet.

Neal,

   I did see the gateway IP address in one of the files when I was at the
coffee shop.

> I think eduncliffe is on the right track about something you're running on
> firefox blocking the redirect to get logged in/fully connected through the
> wireless provider.

   Interesting. Could be, I suppose. I can try links or lynx and see what
happens. I'll also bring my Dell (which works wirelessly and is also running
13.37/x86_64 and firefox 11.0).

   Probably tomorrow.

Thanks,

Rich